This week's topic:
10 Wishes I'd Ask the Book Genie to Grant Me
I have taken this very seriously, as there could possibly be a reading genie out there to grant ALL 10 WISHES, and they're hiding in an old book...
1. To be able to send a writing-muse to my favourite authors who need some "help"/ a kick in the pants for continuing their series. This way there wouldn't be the HEARTBREAK of publishing dates being pushed back FOUR YEARS (ahem Justin Cronin of The Passage Trilogy). I will happily re-read the previous 2 books in anticipation, but I'd rather not HAVE TO! I have to keep learning this lesson of starting a series with authors who have a slower writing process...
I'm giving up on George R.R. Martin altogether.
2. The ability to recall every detail of every book I've ever read so I don't need to re-read books in preparation for a new release [see above wish]. I have literally read the first 4 books in the A Song of Ice and Fire/ Game of Thrones series - twice. That's over 4000 pages.You do the math. O_o
3. The [Disney's] Beauty and the Beast library, complete with rolling step-ladders so I can sing a little ditty whilst choosing my next book to read.
4. To be best friends with Felicia Day and go for coffee and talk about books. And maybe meet Joss Whedon by accident.
5. Have superman-like x-ray vision, but specifically for
the-guy-I'm-into-is-actually-my-brother's float to the top
and I can completely disregard the book altogether!
Think of the time-saving. Think of the rage-less reading!
6. After reading something so amazing that I'm doing that crying-laughter thing, I could immediately send this reaction to the author so they would know first-hand how profoundly they've affected me.
7. I want to be a Diviner in 1927 New York. (The Diviners, by Libba Bray) But also have a lot of money, and a super-healthy liver so I can indulge at Speakeasy's without getting hangovers the next day!
|Jenny-Louise Brooks, famous actress and flapper in the roaring '20's|
8. I want to give Ernest Hemingway
9. I want to hang out with Elizabeth Bennet [Pride and Prejudice] in early 19th century England. And maybe Colin Firth would be there too...
10. I'd like to have a drink with Toulouse-Latrec at the Moulin Rouge, in the world that Christopher Moore created in Sacre-Bleu.
Aladdin, I'm no dummy!)
Dear Reader, you are invited to share in any of these 10 wishes with me! If you've made a Top 10 Genie Wish List, leave it in the comments below, and I'll see what I can do. *wink*