9/11/2015

Retro Review: The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew #1)

The Secret of the Old Clock The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene

Nancy Drew is a modern girl who can do everything from fix a tire, play tennis, solve a mystery, and even take on big bad men, all by her lonesome!

Carolyn Keene was a name for various ghost-writers for 60 (?) years, and I think they added side-kicks Bess and George, and handsome boyfriend Ned, because Nancy got into some pretty dangerous situations in this one!

I loved these books as a kid. Reading them now, everything is peachy-keen, the good guys win, and I feel that there should've been a cross-over with The Walton's, or The Andy Griffith Show.

It's still a cute read, and I think I'll read them every once-in-a-while, maybe to act as a buffer from something I've read that was a little more intense than I expected...



Quotes from The Secret of the Old Clock

"Pretty" she commented to herself. "Oh, why can't all people be nice like this scenery and not make trouble?" [34]

[Hanna's] eyes widened. "Nancy, you might have been killed by those awful men. Well, I'm certainly glad they've been captured." [146]






No comments:

Post a Comment