9/02/2015

Waiting on Wednesday #1: Saga, Volume 5

Waiting on Wednesday
"Waiting on Wednesday" (WoW) is a weekly meme featuring upcoming releases that 
book bloggers are eagerly anticipating! 
hosted by: Jill @ Breaking the Spine

As this is my first WoW, I thought I'd go by closest release date (so as not to hurt the other books' feelings... obviously).

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25451555-saga-volume-5

Saga, Volume 5 (Saga: Collected Editions #5)

by
Expected publication: September 9th 2015 
Publisher: Image Comics
"Multiple story-lines collide in this cosmos-spanning new volume. While Gwendolyn and Lying Cat risk everything to find a cure for The Will, Marko makes an uneasy alliance with Prince Robot IV to find their missing children, who are trapped on a strange world with terrifying new enemies."

Why I Can't Wait:
I have just recently discovered comics/ graphic novels in general, via my lovely, super-geeky-and-proud husband. One of the first series I started reading is Saga. I am in awe, gobsmacked, even, at the originality of the art, the storyline, and the epic-ness that this series brings to the table. Not to mention that the illustrator, Fiona Staples, is Canadian! 

Since I'm new to the comic genre, I generally dislike single copies, so I wait for the trade paperbacks. I swore (SWORE) to myself that I would pace myself so that I wasn't waiting on pins and needles for the next issue to be released. Fat chance with this series! It's just enthralling. I highly recommend it!

Are YOU a Saga reader?

What was YOUR WoW this week? Leave a link in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read this series, and haven't read any graphic novels, either. This one does look tempting. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Laurel-Rain!

      Delete
  2. I'm still not sure whether this series is my cup of tea from what I've heard. I guess I'll just have to give it a try! :-D I hope this one lives up to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I just hope they have an ending in sight! Too much of a good thing...

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your first W.O.W. I started earlier this year and really enjoy doing it. I think it will be fun to go back at the end of the year and see how many W.O.W I have actually read. I haven't read Saga but have heard only good things about it. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! So far, WoW has been a blessing and a curse! I think I have 10 "to-read" books just from yesterday! Great to see all the blogger out there, too!

      Delete
  4. I checked this out on Goodreads and this series is extremely highly rated by all my friends!!! Even my most stubborn friends - amazing! I wish I had time to take on graphic novels - I've read a couple but I WANT more! I am going to recommend this to some peeps who may be interested in this series, though!

    Great pick!!!! and I, too, have a geeky hub but mine mostly games; he's gotten out of reading but he started me in it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's crazy how involved you can get in this series. (My husband's a gamer too... I end up reading while he plays XBOX! Win-win.)
    Thanks for commenting, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete